Adding goat's milk to your dogs diet, even in small amounts, could greatly improve immune function and overall health.
Our pets bodies are made of 65% moisture and unlike humans rely on on the majority of their water to come from the foods they eat. Most people feed a kibble which is only about 20% bio availability for the day. This means only 20 - 40% of the nutrition can be absorbed into your dogs body since the process of extrusion and kibble has cooked out the moisture and nutrients necessary. Adding raw goats milk (79% moisture) is a great way to include moisture to your pets diet, as well as a raw food which is 70 - 80% bio availability. It is also a great digestive aid. Raw Goat's Milk contains vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, trace elements, enzymes (digestive properties), caprylic acid (fights yeast), conjugated linoleic acid (fights cancer), and Glutathione (antioxidant), protein, and fatty acids utilized by the body with ease. It can also provide support to the immune system, the respiratory system, the kidneys and the liver.
The use of raw Goat’s Milk can help in treating the following conditions: vomiting, diarrhea, irritable bowel, colitis, pancreatitis, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, allergies, and cancer. It is a natural antihistamine and has many anti-inflammatory properties. Goat's Milk also contains natural taurine, and with all the stories about a lack of taurine in grain-free foods, this can be the perfect supplement to ensure your dog is getting a taurine EFFICIENT diet. Dr. Gupta wrote, "Taurine is sulfur containing amino acid and chemically, it is 2-Amino Ethane Sulfonic acid which is surprisingly is in very high concentration in goat milk and has a 20-fold higher level than cow’s milk, almost equal to that in human milk."
According to the Journal of American Medicine, “Goats milk is the most complete food known.” It can be digested by the body in less than 20 minutes, and is lactose free. When comparing goats milk to cow milk, goat’s milk contains 13 percent more calcium, 25 percent more vitamin B-6, 47 percent more vitamin A, 134 percent more potassium, and three times more niacin.
Gulf Coast Pet Supplies (Sarasota SRQ Pet Store) carries raw goats milk in the freezer section of our store. We offer Answers Raw Goat's Milk in pints, quarts, half gallons, Answers Raw Goat Cheese Treats, Answers Cow Kefir. We also carry Primal Goats Milk in pints and quarts, and Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom in a freeze dried goats milk supplement.
Here is an informative article on a dog named Zaida who had a large mass on her intestines which turned out to be a pancreatic cancer. With the treatment using goat's milk only, the mass shrunk, even to the vet's surprise. Answers Pet Food suggests the following nutrients in Goat’s Milk may have helped:
- Taurine – Is an amino acid found in high concentrations in goat milk. Research* shows it has many health benefits including antineoplastic effects which means inhibiting or preventing the growth and spread of tumors or malignant cells. * I.M. El Agouza et al. Angiogenesis 14, 321–330, 2011
- Enzymes – Answers raw fermented goat milk contains more than 60 different enzymes. Enzyme therapy is a part of some forms of metabolic therapy. It is thought that enzymes remove a protective coating from cancer cells, allowing white blood cells to identify and attack them.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) - Is a cancer fighting fat that is most abundant in grass-fed animal products, meat and milk. Answers’ milking goats and beef source are grass fed. A case-control study in France, Inform 10;5:S43, 1999 on 360 woman showed women with the most CLA had a 74% lower risk of breast cancer. Rats fed 1.5% of their calories as CLA showed tumor size reduced by 60%.
- Medium Chain Fatty Acids – Goat milk is high in medium chain fatty acids which require no lipase and no work from the pancreas for digestion providing instant nutrition.
- Fermentation – mimics the process of energy formation in the cells. When ingesting fermented food the pet receives a preformed sourced of energy the body can immediately utilize.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: goats milk, raw foods for dogs, sarasota pet store, sarasota stores near me, taurine for dogs, where to buy raw goats milk for my dog